remember your magic!
“Act as if what you do makes a difference, it does.” – William James
WHY Unicorn Yoga ?
Ready to empower kids for the rest of their lives?
KIDS AND FAMILY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
“Children see Magic because they believe in it.” – Christopher MooreGain practical tools and learn HOW to teach yoga to children in a fun way. An exploration of the ABCs of kids yoga through play, dance and laughter!
Educators, additional needs teachers, social workers, movement therapists, parents, phychologists, caregivers and yoga instructors looking to specialize in teaching kids yoga.
Previous knowledge of yoga, and a pedagogical background are recommended but not requirements to join this training.
- ABCs of Kids Yoga
- Teaching Techniques & Age Groups
- Yoga for Children with Additional Needs
- Yoga Poses, Games & Challenges
- Breathing Techniques, Relaxation & Stillness Techniques
- Family Yoga
- Yoga & Mindfulness at School
- Class Structure & Planning
- Teaching Practice I & II
This course is a truly unique kids and family yoga training that will offer you a very solid pedagogical foundation as well as human rights tools to empower children for the rest of their lives.
- 20 Hours Course (Contact and Non-Contact)
- All course Material
- A beautiful Unicorn Yoga Teaching Manual
- Training Certificate*
*This training is certified and approved by Yoga Alliance under Yoga Alliance Continuing Education (YACEP). Meaning we meet the standards for content and quality to ensure a recognized professional and international Kids Yoga Teaching Training. If you are a certified 200-hour yoga teacher, you may register your course with Yoga Alliance after finishing the Continuing Education course. Please be aware that at the end of the training, you will be required to complete a brief video project in which you teach a yoga lesson to children. To be eligible for a certificate, this assignment must be submitted in within a month of the training weekend.It is not necessary to register with Yoga Alliance in order to start teaching.
- 12th-14th April l Radiant Heart Yoga Studio l Zürich
- 21st-23rd June l Room 4 Pilates and Yoga l St Gallen
- CHF 777.- Standard Price
- CHF 666.- Early Bird Price (till 7th January 2024 for the training in April and 7th March for the one in June)
If you’d love to join but you’re unable to afford the full course fee, apply via e-mail for the reduced price of CHF390.- (Only one spot available).
Registration closes three weeks before the training begins. There is limited space in this training.
Please note that only after receiving your application form, and payment confirmation to email@example.com your place in this training is secured.
Full training fee payment via bank transfer to the following bank account: CH67 0900 0000 3191 9490 0 PostFinance / CH- 4808 Zofingen / Ana Catalina Primo (St Gallen/ CH – 9000). Twint is also available.
All info you can find here.
Do you have questions about the training? Book your Free Discovery Call or write us an e-mail.
“This kids and family yoga training was very well rounded in all aspects – from themes and intentions to theoretical inputs and methods. The love, passion and knowledge of Catalina is felt throughout the program. We gained so many practical tools in such a short time! I recommend this training to anyone working or around children.” – Elena Baraff
KIDS & TEENS YOGA
“My wish is that one day, formal education will pay attention to the education of the heart, teaching love, compassion, justice, forgiveness, mindfulness, tolerance & Peace” – Dalai Lama
These sessions are for everyone ready to plant revolutionary seeds of wellbeing and self-care in the life of kids and teens. Yoga supports children and young people to grow into healthy and balanced human beings.
2.5 – 6 | 7 -12 | 13 -15 | 16 -18 years old
- Yoga poses
- Breathing techniques
- Games and group dynamics grounded on yoga & mindfulness
- Partner yoga
- Simple massage techniques
- Basic yoga philosophy
- Guided meditations
- Provide participants with lifelong tools to cultivate self-care & awareness in their lives
- Improve physical & mental flexibility, balance & strength
- Develop a natural mind-body-breath awareness & connection
- Promote a healthy response to own emotions, feelings & body sensations
- Cultivate compassion, & empathy towards oneself & others
We will start again in 2024 with our regular offerings for kids and teens, join our interest list to receive all updates.
“Behind every child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first” -Matthew Jacobsen
Come join us to connect, explore and discover the benefits that yoga can offer to your wonder-full family!
You can expect to have lots of fun together as you gain practical knowledge on yoga poses, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques.
Families with children between 3 – 6 years old.
- Check-in games/energisers/stories
- Breathing exercises
- Active movement & yoga poses
- Yoga games & challenges
- Self & family massage games
- Stillness & relaxation techniques
- Have fun together
- Develop a family yoga practice that allows participants to check-in with each other
- Strengthen the emotional bonds within the family
- Promote values like love, acceptance & respect through the experience of yoga & mindfulness
Date:16.01.- 26.03.2024 (no class on 30.01.2024)
Costs: 10 X 220 CHF.- (p/ 1 child + 1 adult) // 1 x 30 CHF.-
Teachers: Myriam (EN), Nana (DE), and Catalina (EN).
Place: Central Yoga Studio in St Gallen
You can check the schedule, and register here.
“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own HEART. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Gustav Jung
Pantalla Latina 2022 Film Festival | Body Image and the Art of Yoga |19th November 2022 | 10:00 – 12:00 | Museum im Lagerhaus (St Gallen)
Yoga mit Blick auf den See! | 24th April 2022 | | 10:00 – 12:00 | Würth Haus (Rorschach)
Yoga und Kunst | 20th April 2022 | 18:00 – 20:00 | Lokremise (St Gallen)
Yoga and Art für Familien | 17th July 2022 | 10:00 – 12:00 | Würth Haus (Rorschach)